Scope of Application
- Contract for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any matters not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally established practices.
- In the case where the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest, insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally established practices, the preceding paragraph notwithstanding, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of the previous paragraph.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
- Guests who intend to apply for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following matters:
- （1）Name of the Guest(s) and phone number (or mobile phone number), personal identification number (foreign passport number, residence card number)
- （2）Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
- （3）Accommodation charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in Attached Table No. 1)
- （4）Other matters deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case where the Guest requests, during the stay, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph 2 of the preceding paragraph, the request shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the contract shall not be deemed to have been concluded if it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When an Accommodation Contract has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay the accommodation deposit designated by the Hotel by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first applied to the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly to the cancellation charges and then to compensation in this order should any of the events to which Article 6 or 18 apply occur, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date required as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, this shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel that the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- The provisions of Paragraph 2 of Article 3 notwithstanding, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- In the case where the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, the Contract shall be treated as if the Hotel has accepted a special contract as prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
The Hotel shall have the right not to accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed likely to conduct him/herself in a manner that would contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to the accommodation.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly determined to be a statutory carrier of an infectious disease.
- When the Hotel receives demands in a violent fashion or is requested to assume an unreasonable burden with regard to the Guest’s accommodations.
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, the malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
- When a person requesting Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated or could otherwise cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
- When a party seeking accommodation is a corporation or other entity whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group or a member of an Organized Crime Group.
- When a party seeking accommodation is a corporation whose directors include persons corresponding to a member of an Organized Crime Group.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- In the case where the Guest has canceled an Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to a cause for which the Guest is liable, the prescribed ratio of the deposit shall be repaid to the Guest, and the non-refunded amount shall be applied to cancellation charges as listed in Attached Table No. 2. However, when a special contract has been concluded as prescribed in Paragraph 1, Article 4, cancellation charges shall be required only when the Guest has been informed of the obligation to pay such charges in the event of cancellation.
- In the event that a Guest does not appear by 6 p.m. on the accommodation date (or two hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel has been notified) and has not notified the Hotel in advance, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as having been canceled by the Guest.
- If the contract cannot be fulfilled due to force majeure or other reasons not attributable either party, the Hotel shall immediately return the full amount of the application paid by the guest and other expenses without interest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract in any of the following cases:
- （1）When the Guest is deemed likely to conduct or has conducted him/herself in a manner that would contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to the accommodation.
- （2）When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly determined to be a carrier of an infectious disease.
- （3）When violent demands and/or actions are made or carried out, or burdens that exceed the scope of reasonable requests have been made, in relation to accommodations.
- （4）When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure.
- （5）When a person requesting Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated or could otherwise cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
- （6）When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as mischief relative to the firefighting equipment and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to matters deemed necessary for fire prevention).
- In the case where the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest in the future for any of the services during the contractual period that were not received.
- The hotel and guests must confirm their accommodation with the other party by 6:00 pm on the day of the stay.
- The Guest shall register the following matters at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- （1）Name, age, sex, address and phone number (or mobile phone number), occupation and personal identification number of the Guest(s)
- （2）Nationality, passport number, and port and date of entry into Japan, residence card number (if the Guest is not of Japanese nationality)
- （3）Date and estimated time of departure
- （4）Other matters deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case where the Guest intends to pay the Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by means other than Japanese currency, such as accommodation voucher or credit cards, the Guest shall present such instruments in advance to the Hotel at the time of registration as prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- Please review the information as to when the Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room. However, when the Guest is accommodated for a continuous number of days, the Guest may occupy the room for the entire day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy a room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph. In such case, the Guest shall pay the following additional charges:
- （1）Until 3 p.m.: 30% of the room charge
- （2）Until 6 p.m.: 50% of the room charge
- （3）After 6 p.m.: 100% of the room charge
Observance of House Regulations
- The Guest shall observe the House Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted on the Hotel premises.
- The business hours of the Hotel’s services and facilities shall be indicated in the in-house facilities in guest rooms and notices displayed in various locations.
- The business hours can be subjected to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
- The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation and other Charges to be paid by Guests are specified in Attached Table No. 1.
- The Accommodation and other Charges referred to in the preceding paragraph shall be paid at the Front Desk upon request by the Hotel. Payments shall be made in cash or by means other than cash, such as accommodation vouchers or credit cards that are recognized by the Hotel.
- Once accommodation facilities have been made available by the Hotel, the Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily chooses not to utilize the facilities.
Liabilities of the Hotel
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the course of its performance of, or by its non-fulfillment of, the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, this provision shall not apply in the event that such damage has been caused by a reason(s) not attributable to the Hotel.
- If the accommodation contract cannot be fulfilled due to reasons attributable to the Hotel, the Guest can claim damages calculated by doubling the total accommodation price. If non-fulfillment by the Hotel was intentional, the Guest can claim damages calculated by tripling the total cost of the stay. If the Guest proves that he/she has suffered any other loss beyond the above provisions, damages for such loss may also be claimed.
- The Hotel is covered by Insurance based on laws and ordinances relative to unexpected fires or other disasters.
Handling when unable to provide Contacted Rooms
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide the contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodations cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest Compensation equivalent to the cancellation charges. Through such payment, the Hotel shall be deemed to have fulfilled its obligation to compensate for the damages incurred by the Guest. However, if the Hotel’s inability to provide accommodation is not the result of a cause(s) attributable to the Hotel, the Hotel will not pay Compensation to the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages to articles the Guest has deposited at the Front Desk when said articles have been lost, broken or suffered other damage, except when the result of force majeure. However, when the type and value of such items has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the loss of money or valuables up to a maximum of 50,000 yuan, except in cases where loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages to articles, money and valuables when damages including loss or breakage were caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel. However, when the type and value of such items has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the loss up to a maximum of 50,000 yuan, except in cases where loss or damage was caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
Custody of Baggage or Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before the Guest’s arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of check-in.
- As a general rule, when a Guest’s baggage or belongings are found to be left behind after checkout, the Hotel will wait for the owner to contact the Hotel and provide instructions. If the Hotel knows the identity and address of the Owner of said baggage or belongings, the Hotel will notify said owner of the need to pick up his or her possessions, or send them back to the Owner. If there are no instructions by the owner and the Hotel does not know the Owner’s identity, the Hotel shall turn any valuables over to the nearest police station and dispose of other articles after six months. However, food and beverages, cigarettes, magazines, and the like will be disposed of the day of checkout.
- The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1, Article 15, in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2, Article 15, in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in regard to Parking
- The Hotel assumes no liability for the theft, loss, or damage to vehicles, vehicle accessories, or items within the vehicles for parking lots that are not under its management (“affiliated parking lots”).
- The Hotel assumes no liability for when users of affiliated parking lots incur damages to their vehicles, vehicle accessories, or items within the vehicles, due to the actions of other users of affiliated parking lots or other persons as well as other incidents resulting in damages that occurred within the affiliated parking lots.
Liability of the Guest
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through the intention or negligence of the Guest.
Merchants must collect, process and use Guests' personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law and observe the duty of confidentiality. Merchants must not disclose Personal Information externally or use it outside the scope of the contract without the written consent of the Guest. The same shall apply after the contractual relationship has expired.
Governing Law and Court of Competent Jurisdiction
Any disputes over this contract between the Parties herein shall be settled in accordance with the applicable laws of the Republic of China.
In the event of litigation concerning the contract, the Parties agree that the Taipei District Court shall have jurisdiction. However, it is not possible to exclude the application of the small claims court of jurisdiction stipulated in Article 47 of the Consumer Protection Act and Article 436-9 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Attached Table No.1 Accommodation Charges, etc. (Ref. Paragraph 1, Article 2, and Paragraph 1, Article 12)
|Total Amount to be paid by the Guest
||・Basic Accommodation Charge (Room Charge)
- ・Meals and Drinks (Breakfast,dinner and the others)
- ・Other Facilities Charge
||・Business Tax, Other Taxes provided for by laws and ordinances
Attached Table No.2 Deposit Refund Ratio (Ref. Article 6, Paragraph 2)
|Number of Contracted Guests＼Cancellation Notice Date
||1 day prior
||9 days prior
||20 days prior
||1 to 14
||15 or more
|100 or more
- *1The percentages signify the rate of the cancellation charge for the Basic Accommodation Charges.
- *2When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancellation charges for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- *3When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is canceled, no cancellation charges shall apply if the number of people canceled is less than 10% of the total number of people booked, with fractions rounded up to the next whole number.