- Will you keep my luggage before check-in or after check-out?
- Yes, we will.If you arrive early, we will store the luggage at the front desk.We can also do so after check-out. Please feel free to ask one of our staff.(However, we can not keep any valuables,food items, and dangerous items.)
- Can I send my luggage prior to check-in?
If you have made arrangements with us in advance, then we can store luggage you send us until check-in except for any food items, valuables and dangerous items.Please be sure to indicate your check-in date, the full name of the guest and send to the following address.
Mitsui Garden Hotel Kumamoto 1-20 Koyaima-machi, Kumamoto, 860-0012
- Home deliver service
- We offer home deliver services at the front desk.We can also offer packaging materials for a fee. Please ask our staff.
- What are your check-in and check-out times?
- The check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 11am.
- Guide dogs and service dogs
- You may stay with your guide dog / service dog. All facilities including restaurants can be used with your guide dog / service dog.Please let us know at time of reservation.
- Can pets stay with me?
- We do not allow pets to stay at the hotel. We do, however, allow guide dogs, services dogs and hearing assistance dogs to stay. Please let us know in advance.
- Do you rent wheel chairs?
Yes, we do free of charge. Please let us know at the front desk. Wheel chairs can only be used inside our facilities.
* The number of wheel chairs is limited. Please let us know in advance if you need one.
- Can my child sleep together on my bed?
- We will permit your child to sleep together if your child is six years of age or younger.your child may stay with you free of charge. Please do not forget to bring his/her bath towel, toothbrush and night wear, etc.
- Are there vending machines/ice machines?
- Soft drink vending machines are located on the 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 9th floors. An alcohol vending machine is located on the 10th floor. Ice vending machines are located on the 3rd and 9th floors. Ice pales are available in each guest room.
- Is there a curfew?
- There are no curfews.The front desk is available 24 hours. Please let us know in advance if your arrival is going to be considerably later than scheduled.
- How will early check-in or late check-out affect my rates?
For early check-in
Normal check-in time is 2pm. Depending on the status of your room, we may be able to allow you to check in a bit earlier than 2pm.However, if you request to check in earlier than 2pm, then we will ask you to pay for an extra night (100% of full fare).
For late check-out
Normal check-out time is 11am.Depending on the occupancy of the hotel, we may allow you to check out later than 11am for a surcharge stated below.
- Until 3pm・・・・・30% of room fee
- Until 6pm・・・・・50% of room fee
- After 6pm・・・・・100% of room fee
(Note: These surcharges will be applied on top of the full fare.)
- Are there nonsmoking rooms?
- Yes, there are. Approximately XX% of the rooms are nonsmoking.If a nonsmoking room is not available on the day of your choice, we will refresh the room with an air freshener. Please contact us in advance.
- Do you have spare keys to my room?
- We issue one room key per person.
- Can I use the Internet for work?
Wired Internet can be used free of charge in all of our rooms. (LAN cables are available in each room) There are no VPN connection services.
Please note that our Internet service does not guarantee connection for all guests. Some PCs may not connect depending on the settings.
- How early can reservations be made?
- Reservations can be made approximately six months in advance via the Internet and approximately one year in advance via the telephone. All other inquiries including group reservations should be addressed directly to the hotel by telephone.
- Can I invite non-staying guests to my room?
- No, we cannot allow you to invite non-staying guests to your room. Please consult the front desk if you have special needs.
- Do you exchange currencies?
- We can only exchange US dollars at the front desk from US dollars to Japanese yen only.
- Do I need to present my passport?
Based on Japanese laws, effective April 1st, 2005, staying guests who are categorized as ‘foreign nationals without a permanent address in Japan’ must state their
- Full name
- Occupation as well as
- Nationalilty and
- Passport number. Passports must be presented and photocopied.
- Is there a waitlist?
- We are sorry but we do not have a waitlist. The status of reservations change daily so please check back with us or check our website for occupancy changes.
- Tell us about your cancellation policies.
- For direct reservations and reservations made via our website, cancellation charges are applied as follows: 20% of full fare of room for cancelling one day before your stay, 80% of full fare of room for cancelling on the day of your stay, and 100% for no-shows. Please contact your travel agents for cancellation of reservations arranged via travel agents.
- Is there a baby cot (children’s bed)?
- We have two baby cots that are available for you to use without charge. These cots are only for children up to the age of 24 months. The cots need to be reserved, with reservation available up until the day before check in. Please contact us early if you wish to use one. Please understand that guests in the Standard Comfort rooms cannot use these cots.
- I would like to know about the safety of my valuable items.
- Please put your valuables in the safe in your room.
- Are there convenience stores nearby?
- Yes, there is a Seven Eleven located five minutes on foot by the entrance corner of the arcade.
- Please tell me what you offer for breakfast.
- The Garden Café is a stylish and casual restaurant. Approximately 25 Japanese and Western buffet style dishes available including traditional dishes of Kumamoto.
- Is there parking for bicycles?
- No, there is not. Please go to the front desk and we will inform you of the location of the nearest paid parking.
- Can you have breakfast at the hotel even if you have not booked?
- Yes, you can. There is no reservation system, so you can come straight to the restaurant on the day that you would like to dine there.
- Do you have computer rentals?
- Yes, we do. The starting price for a rental computer is 1000 yen (including tax) for one night. If you wish to rent a computer, please inform the staff at the front desk.
- How can I access the hotel from Kumamoto Airport?
- The limousine bus service is convenient if you wish to use public transport. It takes about 50 minutes from the airport to the hotel. Once getting off at the Kumamoto Bus Terminal, the hotel is a 5 minute walk away. If you take a taxi from the airport, it will take about 40 minutes.
- How can I access Kumamoto Airport from the hotel?
- The limousine bus service is convenient if you wish to use public transport. It takes about 50 minutes from the hotel to the airport. The Kumamoto Bus Terminal is the closest bus stop from the hotel, and it is about 5 minutes away by foot. If you take a taxi from the hotel, it will take about 40 minutes.
- Are there any tourist sites close to the hotel?
- The closest tourist site is Kumamoto Castle. It is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
- Can I park my car here before checking in and after checking out?
- Yes, you can. However, there is a surplus charge. Please enquire for further details.
- Do you rent out charger cords for phones?
- We have AC multi chargers available in each guest room.
- Do you have a car park? How much is it to use?
- There is a multi-story car park that has a 30 vehicle capacity within the hotel. Customers who will use the banquet hall will be able to use the hotel car park for free for 3 hours. Customers will be charged if they use the car park for over 3 hours. The car park is run on a first come first served basis. If the car park is full, we will inform you of the location of the nearest paid car park. In that case, we will not offer the free 3 hour service, and the customer will pay the full fee to use the other car park. Thank you for your understanding.
- Are the meeting facilities smoking or non-smoking?
- The meeting facilities are non-smoking. Please use the smoking booth located in the foyer on the banquet hall floor.
- About general household medicines at the hotel
- In line with the provisions outlined in Article 24 of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act, we do not provide medicines.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but ask that guests prepare any medicines they may require in advance of their stay. There is a hospital and drug store nearby, so please do not hesistate to ask at the front desk for more information if needed.